Hi, I'm Peta, 47 yo female and I live in Western Australia. Due to a rather serious situation with being underpaid for my recent annual leave, I'm going through a very rough patch at the moment. Am hoping my boss can and will fix things in the next week or so but until then I could certainly do with some help.
Here's a few things that would certainly make life a little bit easier right now:
1/ Gift cards for supermarkets like Coles and Woolies. Also for stores like Target, KMart and BigW. These would be so I can give a few close family members something for Xmas rather than spending them on myself. Any amount, no matter how small would be very much appreciated. Or for fuel stations like BP, Caltex, Shell. As I work for BP I know they do these but am not sure about the other servo companies.
2/ The Bazaar Of Bad Dreams by Stephen King. He's my all-time favourite author and I really would love his newest collection of stories. Or even just a gift card for Dymocks or an online Aussie store that I could put towards buying a copy.
3/ Pressies for my boy, Sam. He's a 5 & 1/2yo Black Lab who loves his toys. Rawhide knot bones and dumbbell-type plastic toys are his favourites. Also tennis balls would be loved for when he goes swimming in our local river. They tend to get holes pretty quick and sink to the bottom of the river, so am always having to buy new ones.
4/ Pay it forward. Have seen this on lots of wish lists and I think it's a wonderful concept. So if you are in a position to help the person behind you or even in front of you at the store, cafe, etc then please do.
5/ anything Supernatural related from Funko Pops ( I only have the original Sam & Dean and their mini versions) Would love blood-splatter and/or FBI Winchesters to SPN jewellery/wristbands/earrings. Also the SPN calendar for 2016 would be wonderful.
6/ Xmas cards from where ever you live. Funny or dog-related (or both) are my favourite and if you can find 1 with a black lab I will love you forever. It would be lovely to get a few in the mail & if you give me your addy, I promise to send you 1 in return when things ease up a bit money-wise.
best to either PM me or email me at:
Wish List Guidelines:
- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Sam/Dean icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Don't forget to post your list to Wish List as well as your journal. It's an open comm so you don't have to join to post. The more your list is seen, the greater the chance that someone out there can fulfill your wishes.
-Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another fan's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
In related news, don't forget, all of you who do crafts, make jewelry, have things to sell, give away or trade, Dusty Corners is a great place to have them be seen. Post links to your Esty stores if you have them, let us know if you've posted things for sell on EBay or one of the other auction sites. With the holidays coming up people are starting to think about buying presents for friends and family. They can't buy your pretties if they don't know they exist.
Plus, if there's a charity you'd like to help, post those links there, too.
The main thing is, have fun! Make yourself feel better by knowing that we're helping one another. The greatest gift will be that we'll all have a nicer Holiday than we would have had alone. :)